The full report is now available on line at:
The opening paragraph sums up our place
“Port Chalmers School continues to provide a learning environment that is caring and inclusive for all children. The school has positive relationships with its community and effectively uses the facilities that are close by, in particular the community swimming pool, rugby field and beach. Parents and whanau are actively involved in the life of the school. Children told ERO that everyone gets on well together.”
Other comments included:
“Leaders and teachers:
- know the children whose learning and achievement need to be accelerated
- respond effectively to the strengths, needs and interests of each child
- regularly evaluate how well teaching is working for these children
- act on what they know works well for each child
- build teacher capability effectively to achieve equitable outcomes for all children
- are well placed to achieve and sustain equitable and excellent outcomes for all children.”
Continuous improvement and learning is what we strive for at our school for all learners (both young and old), so it’s great to be affirmed and also have our next learning steps defined.
Stationery list for 2018
Employment and Personnel Policies
The Background to the Engine Room Bell from the Ship Port Chalmers
What Parents Say ...
"There's real commitment to developing staff: keeping them up to date with the latest
curriculum developments, encouraging staff to up-skill.
What Children Say...
"We have lots of space to play in: lots of trees and playing fields, not just concrete."
What ERO Says...
"Teachers demonstrate a strong commitment and determination to maximise the progress and learning of all students. Students benefit from good quality teaching."
Want to know more?
Call us (03) 472 8685
Fax (03) 472 8691
30 A Albertson Ave
Free Website Counter
© Port Chalmers School